The celebration to honor President Russell M. Nelson for his life of Christlike service can be viewed here on Friday, September 6 at 8:00 p.m. The program will include music by acclaimed performers, including The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square, with video tributes and insights into the life and ministry of President Nelson. Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy, a former sportscaster, and professional football quarterback, and Ruth Todd, a former television news anchorwoman, will emcee the concert celebration.
The celebration will also be broadcast on the BYUtv cable network on Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
The program for the evening will include featured guests:
- Jenny Oaks Baker and her four children--three on string instruments and one on piano—comprise Family Four with performances all over the world to their credit.
- GENTRI, The Gentlemen Trio, is comprised of three tenors, Brad Robins, Casey Elliott, and Bradley Quinn Lever, whose rich three-part harmonies have been pleasing audiences since 2014.
- The Bonner Family features eight Bonner siblings and their parents, all talented vocalists, who perform and record together.
- Donny Osmond is a versatile singer, dancer, actor, recording producer with a string of gold records, TV star, and has just completed over a decade performing with his sister Marie to sold out crowds nightly.
- The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square are musical ambassadors for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their weekly broadcast of Music & the Spoken Word is celebrating 90 years of continuous broadcasting.