Bells at Temple Square
Bells Audition Information
The Bells at Temple Square is a 32-member handbell choir and is an official part of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music organization. The Bells often accompany the Choir and the Orchestra on Temple Square for concerts and broadcasts, including the Choir’s annual Christmas concert. Together, the Choir, Orchestra, and Bells make a unique and sublime sound. Twice a year, the Bells at Temple Square presents its own concerts to full houses, usually in late spring and November.
Candidates for Bells at Temple Square must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 20 and 45 years of age.
- Live within 100 miles of Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in good standing.
- Have expertise in bell ringing or instrumental skills. Rhythmic skills are essential.
How to Apply
The 2023 application period is open until Friday, January 6, 2023.
Musicians interested in auditioning for the Bells at Temple Square should download the Bells at Temple Square audition application form.
Applicants may either:
- Mail the completed form to be received in The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square’s office prior to the deadline.
- Email directly to LeAnna Willmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, contact LeAnna Willmore at email@example.com.