Bryn Terfel (2017)
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Friends recording (2017)
- Messiah recording—bass artist (2016): Mr. Terfel was the featured bass soloist on the Choir’s landmark new recording of Messiah.
- Homeward Bound recording (2013): This special CD recording made for the Deutsche Grammophon label features selections by Bryn Terfel accompanied by the Choir and Orchestra and special guest artist.
- Requiem recording (2007): The premiere recording of Mack Wilberg’s requiem includes solo work by Bryn Terfel and Frederica von Stade.
- Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square featuring Frederica von Stade and Bryn Terfel (2004): A recording of the 2003 Christmas concert with Mr. Terfel and Ms. von Stade.
- Elijah Concert—Bass Soloist (May 2007): Mr. Terfel did the baritone solo for this performance of Elijah which was part of the Gala Rededication Concert series for the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
- Christmas Concert guest artist (Dec 2003): Along with Frederica von Stade, Bryn Terfel was the featured soloist for the 2003 Christmas concert
Music & the Spoken Word Broadcasts
- Broadcast #4365 (May 2013)
- Broadcast #4054 (May 2007)
- Broadcast #3878 (Dec 2003)
Bryn Terfel, world-renowned Welsh baritone, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square began a lasting friendship in 2003 when he accepted the invitation to sing in the Christmas concert. That year Queen Elizabeth II awarded him with a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) for service to opera. Terfel was born and raised in northern Wales, where he was singing onstage in Eisteddfod competitions by the age of four. He graduated from London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama and the rest is history. He shares a Welsh connection with the Choir—many of the original members of the Choir emigrated from Wales. Since the 2003 concert he has recorded Mack Wilberg’s Requiem in 2008 and has recently completed a recording of Americana music with the Choir to be distributed in September 2013 by Deutsch Grammaphon.
This new Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square recording of Handel’s Messiah relies on historical research and Baroque musical tradition to create a new landmark Messiah for our time. This Complete Oratorio version contains every movement on two compact discs and comes with a DVD with over 40 minutes of bonus content. An added feature is a code for a free high definition 320k mp3 or FLAC digital download.
Watch these Bryn Terfel related videos:
Bryn Terfel / MTC: "Homeward Bound" Teaser
Bryn Terfel / MTC: "Homeward Bound" Trailer
Bryn Terfel / MTC: "Homeward Bound" Studio
MPR's New Classical Tracks interview with Bryn Terfel: Listen to Julie Amacher, host of Minnesota Public Radio's New Classical Tracks program, interview Bryn Terfel about his experiences with the Choir and Orchestra recording Homeward Bound.