Four Ways to View the Pioneer Day Concert with Alex Boyé!
Late Breaking Announcement: Due to unavoidable and unanticipated scheduling conflicts with his current TV series, Christopher Jackson will not be able to appear on the 2017 Pioneer Day concerts. Alex Boyé, singer, entertainer, and mega-million view YouTube artist, will now headline the concert. Click here for more information.
The Choir is excited to provide additional viewing options for the annual “Music for a Summer Evening” concert, held in conjunction with Pioneer Day celebrations honoring the arrival of the Mormon pioneers to Utah in 1847.
This special concert provides an enjoyable opportunity to create your own Pioneer Day celebration traditions by viewing the concert with family, friends, and neighbors in the comfort of your own home or in church and community centers. Personalize your event with a focus on family and community pioneers, or focus on modern-day pioneers in your local communities.
Concert Live Stream on Saturday, July 15, at 8 p.m. MDT
You will be able to watch the full concert anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection—in homes or community centers and LDS Church buildings with scheduled satellite airings.
- English: available on the following websites: MoTab.org/pioneerday, YouTube.com/MormonTabChoir, BYUtv.org, LDS.org, and MormonChannel.org. (Closed captioning will be available in English only on electronic devices that support it.)
- Additional Languages: Concert narration in Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German will be available on the Mormon Channel’s language-specific YouTube channels (see specific language links on YouTube.com/MormonMessages.)
On-Demand Concert Viewing Beginning July 15 at 9:30 p.m. MDT
- English: At the end of the July 15 concert live stream (approximately 9:30 p.m. MDT), the concert will be available online for on-demand viewing in English at MoTab.org/pioneerday.
- Additional Languages: On Wednesday, July 19, the Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German narrated concerts will be posted to the Choir’s YouTube Channel (YouTube.com/MormonTabChor) and website (MoTab.org/pioneerday) for on-demand viewing.
Concert Satellite Broadcast in LDS Buildings—Dates and times to be locally planned
Beginning July 15 at 8:00 p.m MDT., the concert will be available for broadcast over the Church satellite system to LDS buildings where Church leaders have planned events at a time convenient to local areas. The satellite broadcast will be available in five languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German. The concert will be broadcast every two hours from July 15 (8:00 p.m.) to July 16 and again from July 21 through July 23. Information for Church event planners is available here.
Watch on BYU Broadcasting Outlets
The concert will air live on BYUtv, BYUtv Global, BYUtv International and byutv.org on July 15 at 8:00 p.m. MDT. The program will re-air as listed below
- BYUtv and BYUtv Global: July 23 at 6:00 p.m. MDT, July 24 at 5:00 p.m. MDT
- KBYU (Channel 11): July 23 at 5:30 p.m. MDT
- BYUtv International: July 16 at 7:00 a.m. MDT, July 16 at 6:00 p.m. MDT