New Christmas Concert Ticket Process Gives Equal Chance for All
Information updated October 13, 2019:
The featured guest(s) for the 2019 concerts will be announced on Friday, October 25, 2019 at 9:05 a.m. (mountain time) on KSL Radio (1160AM or 102.7 FM).
This year The Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra at Temple Square, and Bells on Temple Square will perform their annual acclaimed Christmas concert in the Conference Center on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, December 12–14, 2019, at 8:00 p.m. The featured guests for the 2019 concerts will be announced on October 25.
Hundreds of thousands of ticket requests are received each year. In order to give everyone an equal chance to get tickets, in 2019 the Event Services Ticket Office which distributes tickets for Choir events will use a random selection method for ticket distribution. Event Services has defined this as a two-step process.
How the 2019 Ticket Distribution Process Works
- Everyone will have an equal chance of getting tickets regardless of when they register during the sign-up period. Registering earlier will not increase your chances.
- Registering for the selection process will not guarantee tickets; you must be selected.
- After the sign-up period ends, all requests for tickets will be run through a computer program to deduplicate and fully randomize the requests (see the rules below).
- The results of the random selection process will be communicated via email to everyone who registered.
- If you receive tickets, they will be distributed electronically to your My Temple Square Tickets account.
Here’s where you should start:
STEP 1: My Temple Square Tickets Account
- You will need a My Temple Square Tickets (formerly My LDS Tickets) account with complete information including your name, full address, email, and phone number. You cannot participate in the random selection process unless your account has complete information.
- To set up an account or to confirm that your information is accurate, please click here.
STEP 2: Registering for Random Selection
- Your registration will automatically enter you in the random ticket selection for two (2) tickets. The concert date for the tickets will be randomly assigned for either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
- The registration period for random selection will run from Friday, October 25 at 12:00 Noon to Sunday, November 3 at 12:00 midnight (all times mountain time).
- Your reigtraion is a request for two (2) tickets.
- Please fill out completely each box in the registration with the same informtion used for your My Temple Square Tickets account.
- When you press "Submit" you will receive a confirmation number indicating that you have successfully registered.
The Rules You Need to Know
- You must use a My Temple Square Tickets account with complete information including your name, full address, email, and phone number to participate (see above).
- Registration is limited to once per household.
- Patrons registering with an address other than their principal home address or registering multiple times may have all their registrations canceled.
- After the sign-up period ends, all requests for tickets will be run through a computer program to deduplicate and fully randomize the requests.
- You are not guaranteed tickets by registering for this event; you must be selected.
More Information Still to Come!
The Choir will have further information about this year's guest artist in the Friday, October 25, Choir Notes newsletter. You can subscribe to the Choir’s weekly newsletter here.
Our goal is to help everyone have an equal chance to request tickets to these ever-popular Christmas concerts. Thank you for your cooperation!
We kindly ask that patrons wait for additional information to be published before asking further questions. Please do not call the Choir office or ticket office.