Wow! Over 50 Choir Albums Added to Spotify!
It’s time to face the music—Spotify is here to stay! As of the first quarter of 2020, Spotify has more than 250 million users worldwide, which is a 31% increase since 2018. They are expecting that figure to jump to 328 million users by the end of 2020.
For those who haven’t heard of Spotify, it is a digital music streaming service that gives users access to millions of songs and content from around the world. Spotify is a free service, but by upgrading to Spotify Premium users can download music, listen ad-free, play any song, and skip as many songs as they want.
While Spotify use has been increasing over the last few years, The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square has added more than 50 albums to the music streaming platform. At the current time, most of the Choir’s music is listed under the former name "Mormon Tabernacle Choir" because that was the Choir’s name when the albums were released. The Choir’s most recent releases, When You Believe: A Night at the Movies, Angels among Us, and Let Us All Press On: Hymns of Praise and Inspiration, and all future releases will be listed under "The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square."
Although searching in Spotify is quick and easy, here are direct links to both pages:
Here’s how to download and use Spotify to listen to the Choir’s music wherever you go.
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device and search “Spotify.”
- Download the app.
- Open the app on your device and search “The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square” or “Mormon Tabernacle Choir.”
- Listen all day and night and share the life-changing news with your family and friends.
As Spotify grows, they continue to add features such as real-time lyrics, and songwriter pages, which are currently being tested to limited users. Another new test is a Spotify Stories feature that will allow select influencers to include video elements into their public playlists.
Here’s a partial list of some of the albums you can find on Spotify:
- Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing: American Folk Hymns and Spirituals
- Handel’s Messiah
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light & Other Children’s Favorites
- 100 Years: Celebrating a Century of Recording Excellence
- Showtime! Music of Broadway and Hollywood
- Then Sings My Soul
- Choose Something Like a Star
- America’s Choir
- Consider the Lilies
- Love Is Spoken Here
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Friends
- Keep Christmas With You (Sesame Street® Muppets and Santino Fontana)
- Home for the Holidays (Alfie Boe and Tom Brokaw)
- Glad Christmas Tidings (David Archuleta)
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Natalie Cole)
- Spirit of the Season (Sissel)
- Angels among Us (Kristin Chenoweth)
- A Merry Little Christmas (Sutton Foster and Hugh Bonneville)
- Once Upon a Christmas (Jane Seymour and Nathan Gunn)
- O Come Little Children (Rolando Villazón)
- Hallelujah! (Laura Osnes)
- Let the Season In (Deborah Voigt and John Rhys-Davies)