Tickets Still Available For Upper Midwest Tour
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is packing up its trucks with luggage for 600, orchestra instruments, risers, sound system and wardrobe for its upcoming tour of the Upper Midwest June 12-21, 2013. The Choir and Orchestra will follow by plane. If you live in or near Columbus, Ohio; Indianapolis, Indiana; Chicago, Illinois; Milwaukee or Madison, Wisconsin or Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota – you can still get tickets for these live concerts. Grab them now.
Sending an Evite!
For ticket and tour information for the Upper Midwest send an “Evite” to your friends—or yourself. Here’s what you do.
- Click here to go to "Choir Tour Evite" on the Choir's Facebook page.
- Click on "Share This Page With Your Friends."
- Choose your Facebook friends one by one or all of them!
- Click on “Send Requests.”
- The Evite is sent to all your friends and shows up in their Notifications.
- They click on the link and they see the Evite.
Bringing an Organ
The Choir can’t take its world famous Tabernacle organ on tour so it has a travel organ that replicates as close as possible that distinctive sound. The instrument is an Allen organ, model Q370 (fitting that the “Q” is for “Quantum”) supplied by Heritage Church Organs. Two organ technicians, David Bagley and Jeff Hansen, have traveled with Choir since the 2001 tour setting up the huge traveling organ and speakers by 2:30 p.m. in time for organ rehearsal before each concert.