Pioneer Day Concert “Music for a Summer Evening” Media Availability
She is known for bringing magic and song to life on Broadway in her award-winning role in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella. Now Laura Osnes is living a bit of her own fairytale singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square. Ms. Osnes joins the Choir and Orchestra in two gala performances entitled “Music for a Summer Evening,” their annual concert held in conjunction with community-wide Pioneer Day celebrations. The concert will be held on Friday and Saturday, July 17 and 18, at 8:00 p.m. in the Conference Center and will be conducted by Mack Wilberg, music director of the Choir, and Ryan Murphy, associate music director.
- Media attending tonight’s concert should enter through door 13
- The media room will not be available but seating will be provided for media upon request prior to the concert
- Photographers will have full access according to General Conference protocols
- KBYU will air the program on Saturday, July 18, at 8:00 p.m., Sunday, July 19, at 5:00 p.m., and Friday, July 24, at 5:30 p.m.
- The concert will also be live streamed on mormontabernaclechoir.org on Saturday at 8:00 p.m. and available on youtube.com/MormonTabChoir and on the mormonchannel.org website and its YouTube channel
Standby tickets for those without tickets will not be issued. However, patrons are invited to stand by for last-minute seating each evening. The standby line will form at the north gate on Temple Square.
Kim Farah, Choir Publicist