2020 Piping Up: Tabernacle Organists in Concert
The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square presents "Piping Up: Tabernacle Organists in Concert," hosted by Luke Howard. Featuring Tabernacle and Temple Square Organists: Richard Elliott, Andrew Unsworth, Brian Mathias, Linda Margetts, and Joseph Peeples.
1) Fanfare (from École d’Orgue, Part II) by Jacques-Nicolas Lemmens (1823-1881) Performed by Joseph Peeples
2) “Little” Fugue in g Minor, BWV 578 by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) Performed by Brian Mathias
3) Toccata, from Dix Pièces (1890) by Eugène Gigout (1844-1925) Performed by Richard Elliott
4) Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) Performed by Linda Margetts
5) Allegro con brio, from Sonata No. 4 in B♭ major by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (1809-1847) Performed by Joseph Peeples
6) Prince of Denmark's March by Jeremiah Clarke (1674-1707) Performed by Linda Margetts
7) Sospiri, Op. 70 by Edward Elgar (1857-1934) Performed by Andrew Unsworth
8) “Come, Come Ye Saints,” Traditional, arr. Linda Margetts Performed by Linda Margetts
9) “Wondrous Love,” Traditional, arr. Brian Mathias Performed by Brian Mathias
10) “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot,” Spiritual, arr. Richard Elliott Performed by Richard Elliott
11) Finale from the William Tell Overture by Gioachino Rossini (1792-1868), arr. Richard Elliott Performed by all five organists (recorded separately and overdubbed)
Join us online for a premier organ concert event, Piping Up: Tabernacle Organists in Concert, on Wednesday, June 17, at 7:00 p.m. (mountain). This 45-minute concert will feature each of the five organists performing a wide variety of music from classical to traditional hymns and spirituals. Don’t miss the concluding number which feature all five organists playing one number! The performance will amaze as only Tabernacle organists can! (Please note: this event is filmed without an audience.)
Noon organ recitals have been a tradition on Temple Square for more than a century. The current pandemic has halted this tradition temporarily, but now via the internet the noon organ recitals will resume without an audience but with full COVID-compliant precautions. The five accomplished Tabernacle and Temple Square organists Richard Elliott, Andrew Unsworth, Brian Mathias, Linda Margetts, and Joseph Peeples will be featured in a new concert series. The concerts will be presented each week Wednesday at 12:00 noon. (mountain).