Symphony no. 2 for Organ and Orchestra Mvt. V, Allegro con brio
Tabernacle Organist, Richard Elliott shows off his playing prowess as he performs Félix-Alexandre Guilmant's "Symphony no. 2 for Organ and Orchestra Mvt. V, Allegro con brio" with the Orchestra at Temple Square.
Special guest artist Alex Boyé, along with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square present “Music for a Summer Evening,” their annual concert held in conjunction with community-wide Pioneer Day celebrations. The concert, held on Friday and Saturday, July 14 and 15 in the Conference Center, was conducted by Mack Wilberg, music director of the Choir and Ryan Murphy, associate music director. Music from the program includes:
1. Main Theme, from "The Big Country"
2. They, the Builders of the Nation
3. Faith in Every Footstep
4. Brazzle Dazzle Day, from Pete's Dragon
5. Where You Are, from Moana
6. Heart of a Lion
7. Put on a Happy Face, from Bye, Bye, Birdie
8. Who Will Buy?, from Oliver!
9. Nat King Cole Medley
10. My God Is So High
11. Deep River
12. The Battle of Jericho
13. I Want Jesus to Walk with Me
14. I'm Runnin' On
15. Symphony no.2 for Organ and Orchestra Mvt. V, Allegro con brio
16. He Lives in You, from The Lion King
17. Circle of Life, from The Lion King
Pioneer Concert 2017.