2016 Summer Tour Coverage Summary
The 2016 European Tour by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square will live long in the hearts and memories of all those involved. Thanks to a team of writers and photographers the 2016 tour will be one of the most chronicled tours in Choir history. Coverage was provided by Choir and Orchestra members, volunteer Choir staff, Choir digital team members, LDS Church Public Affairs staff from Salt Lake City and Frankfurt, and reporters from the Church News/Deseret News and KSL-TV.
The articles, stories, and blogs were written and published during the tour with the bulk of the stories being published since the return of the Choir and Orchestra. To make it easy to review the coverage, we’ve provided a list with links below so you can share many of the thrilling moments of this wonderful European tour.
2016 Tour Diary Posts written by Choir and Orchestra Members:
- Tour Diary 1--Memorize, Practice and Prepare!
- Tour Diary 2--Berlin: A Remarkable Beginning for the 2016 Tour
- Tour Diary 3--A Nuremberger Helped Make the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Famous
- Tour Diary 4--Performing in Vienna, The “City of Music”
- Tour Diary 5--Performing to Our Largest Audience in Zurich, Switzerland
- Tour Diary 6--Frankfurt Feelings: Appreciative Audiences Are Our Reward!
- Tour Diary 7--Brussels Reflections: We Do This for Love!
- Tour Diary 8--Rotterdam Remembrances: The More Things Change, The More Things Stay the Same
2016 Europe Tour Website Articles:
- A Musical Program of Faith and Devotion
- The Choir and Orchestra Perform in Berlin, Germany for the First Time in 25 years!
- Choir’s Unique Welcome to Berlin in 1955
- German Members Impressed President Monson with Their Singing!
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Donates Proceeds from Vienna, Austria Concert to Charity
- Multiple Benefits of Choir’s Tour Sound Checks
- European Concert VIP Receptions: Building Friendships
- Ron and Lucie Jarret Reflect on “Coming Home”
- Choir and Orchestra Wrap Up 2016 European Tour
- Response to European Tour Overwhelmingly Positive
- Choir Makes History Again--After 60 Years
- Interview with Sonja Poulter (Deutsche Sängerin des Mormon Tabernacle Choir freut sich auf Europa-Tournee)
2016 Europe Tour Blog Posts:
- Nuremberg Native Alexander Schreiner Was a Tabernacle Organist for Over 50 Years
- Happy Fourth of July from the Choir and Orchestra in Europe!
- Retired Pastor Fulfills Lifelong Dream of Singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Encores and Standing Ovations for a Thrilled Berlin Audience!
- Choir and Orchestra Perform in Historic Nuremberg Germany
- The Choir Performs in the City of Music—Vienna, Austria
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Visits Switzerland for the First Time in 25 Years
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir Inspires Concertgoers in Frankfurt Germany
- Next Stop: Brussels Belgium
Church News/Deseret News Coverage:
- Choir Begins 3-Week European Tour in Berlin a City Steeped in Cold War History
- German audiences give raucous applause to choir, orchestra
- Applause for choir and orchestra long and loud on European tour; proceeds in Vienna go to charity
- Choir, orchestra have had unifying effect in Europe, leaders say
- Choir, orchestra finish second week of tour with Frankfurt performance
- Performers, audiences have found warm connections during choir and orchestra tour
- Choir, orchestra said to have brought healing during European tour
Mormon Newsroom Coverage:
Editor’s note: KSL-TV will produce a documentary on the 2016 tour to air in the fall.