Visit the ChurchofJesusChrist.org parking website for parking information.
Tabernacle Choir rehearsals are open to the public every Thursday from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Tabernacle on Temple Square. During the summer and in December, rehearsals move to the Conference Center to accommodate larger crowds.
- Thursday, February 6, through Thursday, June 18, 2020
- Thursday, September 10, through Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Thursday, November 14, through Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Thursday, July 23, through Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Thursday, December 3, through Thursday, January 7, 2021
Exceptions to Public Rehearsal Schedule
There are occasional exceptions to this Thursday night schedule, including major holidays, recording sessions, or when the Choir is out of town. These exceptions are posted on The Tabernacle Choir website as soon as they are known.
2020 Thursday Rehearsal Exceptions
- March 19: The public rehearsal will be the Temple Square Chorale and Orchestra at Temple Square.
- April 2: No public rehearsal.
- June 11: The Choir and Orchestra will present the Pre-Tour Concert for the public at 7:30 p.m. in place of the regular rehearsal. Admission will be open to those eight-years and older. No tickets will be required.
- June 25, July 2, 9, 16: There will be no live public rehearsals while the Choir and Orchestra are on their 2020 Heritage Tour. The public is invited to come to Temple Square at 7:30 p.m. for a short organ recital and two Music & the Spoken Word recorded episodes that will be shown on screens in the Salt Lake Tabernacle. For more information about events on Temple Square during these weeks check here.
- October 1: No public rehearsal.
- November 24 (Tuesday): This will be the public rehearsal for the week of Thanksgiving.
- November 26: No public rehearsal due to the holiday. Changed to Tuesday of this week.
- December 3: No public rehearsal.
- December 10: No public rehearsal due to ticketed Christmas concert.
- December 24: No public rehearsal on Christmas Eve.