The Tabernacle Choir rehearsals are open to the public. Audiences are invited Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Please note the exceptions below.
The Tabernacle Choir Thursday night rehearsals are held either in the Salt Lake Tabernacle or in the Conference Center during the summer months and December to accommodate larger crowds.
Jan 5 to May 25 Tabernacle
June 1 to Aug 31 Conference Center
Sept 7 to Nov 21* Tabernacle
Nov 30 to Dec 7 Conference Center
Exceptions to Thursday Public Rehearsals
There are occasional exceptions to the Thursday night schedule, including major holidays, recording sessions, or when the Choir is out of town. These exceptions are posted on The Tabernacle Choir website as soon as they are known.
2023 Rehearsal Exceptions
- March 30: No public rehearsal due to General Conference
- June 15: No public rehearsal; Choir and Orchestra out of town
- September 28: No public rehearsal due to General Conference
- *November 21: The public rehearsal moves to Tuesday this week.
- November 23: No public rehearsal due to Thanksgiving holiday.
- November 30: No public rehearsal due to First Presidency Devotional
- December 14: No public rehearsal due to ticketed Christmas Concert
- December 21: No public rehearsal due to Christmas holidays
- December 28: No public rehearsal due to Christmas holidays
Access to Temple Square
Because of continuing construction on Temple Square please check for current access map here.