How to View Information
2018 Messiah Concert
For those who will not be able to join us in Salt Lake City, we are excited to offer you these options:
- Live Stream: Friday, March 23, beginning with a pre-concert feed at 7:00 p.m. MDT and the full concert at 7:30 p.m. MDT.
- On Demand: Friday, March 23, beginning at the end of live stream-approximately 11:00 p.m.-until Monday, April 9, 11:59 p.m. MDT.
- Church Satellite Broadcast: Various dates in LDS Church buildings with planned events.
- BYUtv (BYUtv.org): Sunday, March 25, at 3:30 p.m. MDT; Easter Sunday, April 1, at 10:00 p.m. MDT.
Concert Live Stream
The internet live stream in English will begin Friday, March 23, with a pre-concert feed at 7:00 p.m. MDT and the full concert at 7:30 p.m. MDT, on the following websites: 1) www.thetabernaclechoir.org/messiah; 2) youtube.com/TheTabernacleChoir; 3) facebook.com/TheTabernacleChoir; 4) Latter Day Saints Channel; and 5) ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
The Internet live stream in French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish will also begin Friday, March 23, with the pre-concert feed at 7:00 MDT and the full concert at 7:30 p.m. MDT from the Mormon Channel's language-specific YouTube channels:
- French: youtube.com/MormonMessagesFRA
- German: youtube.com/MormonMessagesDEU
- Portuguese: youtube.com/MormonMessagesPOR
- Spanish: youtube.com/MormonMessagesSPA
The concert can be viewed and watched anywhere in the world where there is an internet connection-in homes or church and community buildings.
Don't worry if you are late getting started during the live stream. You will be able to start the stream again from the beginning using the position indicator at the bottom of your screen.
Closed captioning for the hearing impaired will be available only in English. Closed captioning in English is also available on the internet for electronic devices that support it.
After the live stream ends, the on-demand concerts will be immediately available in English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish (approximately 11:00 p.m. MDT) for on-demand viewing at motab.org/messiah until Monday, April 9 at 11:59 p.m. MDT.
Concert Satellite Broadcast in LDS Church Buildings and Other Locations
The concert will be broadcast in English only (for foreign language see live stream information above) over the Church satellite system to LDS buildings where Church leaders have planned events. Check with your local LDS congregation to confirm if an event is scheduled.
The satellite feed can also be picked up by theaters or other locations with satellite reception.
The concert will be available in five languages on the satellite broadcast: English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish. The oratorio will be sung in English.
The pre-concert feed and full live concert will be broadcast over the Church satellite system beginning Friday, March 23, at 7:00 p.m. MDT and repeated according to the attached airing schedule through Saturday, March 24, and again at selected times on Thursday and Friday, March 29 and 30, to permit additional Messiah sing-alongs on Good Friday, March 30.
The schedule is designed to facilitate Messiah sing-along events in LDS buildings at times convenient to local areas. Please go to motab.org/messiah for the full satellite schedule and a link to test the satellite feed, particularly at non-LDS Church facilities.
Here are suggestions to make your 2018 Messiah concert experience successful- live streaming in the comfort of your own home or other locations:
- For an optimal home viewing experience, connect your computer to your television or home theater with an HDMI cable.
- For an optimal group viewing experience in a larger venue, use a projector to plug into the computer you are streaming the concert from so that everyone will be able to easily view the concert. Make sure you have a VGA or HDMI cable to connect your computer to the projector.
- To get the best audio quality possible, connect to a home theater or public-address system so that everyone will be able to hear the concert.
- If you have a smart TV, game console, or set-top box, you can access the on-demand concert via the Mormon Tabernacle Choir YouTube channel from your device. (ROKU users can also view the performance on the Mormon Channel app.)