Guest Artists for President Nelson’s 95th Birthday Celebration include Choir and Orchestra!
Guest artists including The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square have been announced for the event honoring the 95th birthday of President Russell M. Nelson. The birthday event celebrates the influence of the Savior in the life of President Nelson and his lifelong service in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The celebration will be held on Friday, September 6 at 8:00 p.m. mountain daylight time at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City.
The celebration which honors the Prophet for his life of Christlike service will include music by acclaimed performers with video tributes and insights into the life and ministry of President Nelson. Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy, a former sportscaster, and professional football quarterback, and Ruth Todd, a former television news anchorwoman, will emcee the concert celebration.
The program for the evening will include featured guests:
- Jenny Oaks Baker and her four children--three on string instruments and one on piano—comprise Family Four with performances all over the world to their credit.
- GENTRI, The Gentlemen Trio, is comprised of three tenors, Brad Robins, Casey Elliott, and Bradley Quinn Lever, whose rich three-part harmonies have been pleasing audiences since 2014.
- The Bonner Family features eight Bonner siblings and their parents, all talented vocalists, who perform and record together.
- Nathan Pacheco is a classically trained tenor who has made a name for himself as a crossover artist, performing both here and abroad, with a number of CD releases to his credit.
- Donny Osmond is a versatile singer, dancer, actor, recording producer with a string of gold records, TV star, and has just completed over a decade performing with his sister Marie to sold out crowds nightly.
- The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square are musical ambassadors for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Their weekly broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word is celebrating 90 years of continuous broadcasting.
Live Event Tickets and Rebroadcast
In addition to the live celebration at the Conference Center, the program will be rebroadcast, with details announced as available.
Tickets for the free event celebrating President Nelson's 95th birthday will become available on ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events beginning July 30 at 9:00 a.m. Tickets will be limited to two tickets per individual. Admission is open to everyone eight years of age and older.