How to Use Alexa for The Tabernacle Choir Music and Broadcasts
Just think! Now owners of these amazing inventions can enable Alexa skills for both Music & the Spoken Word and The Tabernacle Choir for their Amazon devices. Once the skill is enabled you will be able to listen to the music of The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square, Orchestra at Temple Square, and Bells on Temple Square with simple voice commands, such as:
- “Alexa, play The Tabernacle Choir” or
- “Alexa, play Music & the Spoken Word.”
(Even though the Choir’s name has changed, Alexa will be able to find music that is listed under “Mormon Tabernacle Choir” too.)
At the beginning of 2018, it was estimated that over 39 million Americans—one in six—owned a smart speaker or assistant. Consumers are using these devices for a wide range of voice-interactive functions, including listening to music, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, providing weather reports, controlling their TV and other smart home devices, and more.
Alexa—the cloud-connected, voice-activated virtual assistant developed by Amazon—first became available in 2014. Now in 2018, Amazon’s Alexa devices have over 30,000 “skills” or voice-controlled apps that perform different tasks.
How to Add The Tabernacle Choir and Music & the Spoken Word “Skills” to Your Device.
Using the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app on your device.
- Tap the 3-bar icon in the top left corner. This opens a pop-out menu.
- Tap “Skills.” It’s near the bottom of the menu in the third section of options.
- In the store, find the skill named “The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square” or “Music & the Spoken Word.” You can search for the skill by using the search bar, also near the top.
- Tap on the skill—either “The Tabernacle Choir” or “Music & the Spoken Word.” (You can come back and add the other one later.)
- Tap “Enable.” It’s the large blue button at the top of the page, just under the skill’s rating. This enables the skill on all of your Alexa devices.
Using the Amazon website:
- Go to https://www.amazon.com in your preferred web browser to access Amazon’s full desktop website, where you can manage your Alexa’s skills.
- Log in with the email and password associated with the same Amazon account you used to set up your Alexa device.
- Hover the mouse over “Departments.” This will open a drop-down menu with additional options.
- Scroll down and click “Echo & Alexa” from the drop-down menu. This will expand the drop-down menu on the right.
- Click “Alexa Skills” in the far-right column of the drop-down menu under the “Content & Resources” heading.
- Search for either “The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square” or the “Music & the Spoken Word” skill in the search on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on either “The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square” or “Music & the Spoken Word” skill.
- Click “Enable.” It’s the yellow button on the right side of the page. This enables the skill on all of your Alexa devices.