Stream or Bring Home Choir’s New Christmas Music!
Experience the magic and wonder of The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square's Christmas performances with the Choir’s O Holy Night: Christmas with The Tabernacle Choir album, the companion O Holy Night DVD, and Come to Him This Holy Night: Three Irish Christmas Traditions book. Recorded during the 2021 Christmas performances with Broadway star Megan Hilty and renowned film and television actor Neal McDonough, these Christmas products a celebration of Irish traditions of the season and of the greatest gift of all, our Savior.
Even though the official Christmas season hasn’t yet begun, these new Choir products are now available to stream or purchase. Bring them home to help focus this year’s Christmas season on the Savior with music and uplifting messages from The Tabernacle Choir.
- On The Tabernacle Choir website Shop page, listen to 30-second clips of each the songs including performances from Megan Hilty and Neal McDonough with The Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra, and Bells at Temple Square and the Gabriel Trumpet Ensemble.
- Enjoy the lyrics and music information included inside the CD booklet of each of the sixteen memorable songs recorded in the physical album.
- Watch the captivating full concert program designed as an Irish-inspired celebration of the Savior’s birth with bonus features that include more behind-the-scenes footage.
- Hear Neal McDonough’s narration and reflections on the role that the family, heritage and traditions play at this time of the year and later his beautiful narration of of the Savior’s birth from Luke 2.
- The book highlights three Irish holiday traditions that focus our hearts and minds on the Savior. Understanding the meaning of these symbols helps make Christmas more meaningful for ourselves and others, wherever we live and whatever our heritage.
- The book also includes a piano/vocal score of the song “Come to Him This Holy Night” which the Choir and Orchestra performed. The new text was written to the tune of a beloved Irish folk song and connects each of the Irish traditions to the timeless account of the Nativity.
About the 2021 Christmas Performances
The Tabernacle Choir’s annual Christmas concerts are always enchanting, but this performance in December 2021 was particularly moving and meaningful. At that time, for the first time in nearly two years, The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square performed before a limited in-person audience—thousands of eager witnesses returning once more to experience the magic in person. Following appropriate public-health protocols, all involved had come to contribute to the spirited celebration of the wonder and miracle of Christmas.
An enchanting panorama of trees, wreaths, and greenery, sparkling lights and dappled shadows, the merry music of trumpets and bells, the warm glow of lanterns and candles—each element rich with sacred symbolism—greeted everyone who entered the space. Festooned garlands of holly and ivy coiled around remnants of vaulted stone arches and ogive windows, transforming the stage of the huge-capacity Conference Center in Salt Lake into an old Irish church, the setting for an enthralling, Celtic-inspired celebration of the Christ Child’s birth.
The Choir’s special guests, Megan Hilty and Neal McDonough, were essential to this “Irish Christmas” commemoration. Both performers trace their direct family roots to Ireland and spoke of the joy-filled strength that Hibernian traditions bring to their own celebrations during this season. Through narrative and song, Hilty and McDonough joined with the Choir and Orchestra, the Bells at Temple Square, and the Gabriel Trumpet Ensemble to share with power the message of “Buiochas le Dia”—“Thanks be to God” for the blessing of His holy Son’s birth.
With the music and narration, this concert’s result is an uplifting holiday and musical feast that inspires hope, stirs reflection, and invites the peace of the season for all viewers regardless of background or belief.