2019 Easter Concert: “He Is Risen: A Sacred Easter Presentation”
The Tabernacle Choir, the Orchestra at Temple Square, the Bells on Temple Square, and the Gabriel Trumpet Ensemble will present “He Is Risen: A Sacred Easter Presentation.” Here are three ways you can participate:
- Watch the live stream on Saturday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m. The stream will be available in English on Saturday, April 20 from the ChurchOfJesusChrist.org website, Choir’s website thetabernaclechoir.org; the Choir's YouTube channel; and on the Choir’s Facebook page. The concert will also be posted on YouTube for later viewing.
- Watch on BYUtv on Easter Sunday, April 21 at 6:00 p.m. BYUtv is available on cable systems including Dish and DirecTV, over the air in Utah, and via the internet at byutv.org.
- Attend the concert on Temple Square on Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the 2019 Easter Concert have all been distributed. Patrons without tickets are encouraged to join the standby line by the flagpole on Temple Square for last-minute seating, which is often available.
Tickets for the concerts are at ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events of by calling 801-570-0080 (locally) or toll free 1-866-637-8457.
Tickets will be available for three locations on Temple Square: (ticket availability as of 3/29)
- Salt Lake Tabernacle (Live concert) All tickets distributed.
- Joseph Smith Building Legacy Theater (Premium Simulcast) A few tickets remaining for each night.
- Conference Center Theater (Closed Circuit Simulcast) A few tickets remaining for each night.
Admission is open to those eight-years and older. Tickets for the concerts are free and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Each patron may request up to four tickets. Patrons without tickets are encouraged to join the standby line by the flagpole on Temple Square for last-minute seating which is often available.
Visit the LDS.org parking website for parking information.
Next Year: 2020 Easter Concert will be Handel’s Messiah
Continuing their tradition, The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square will perform Messiah on April 10–11, 2020. Every two years since 2014, the Choir and Orchestra have performed Handel’s Messiah at Easter time in the Salt Lake Tabernacle and live streamed the concert over the internet to audiences around the world.