How to View Messiah Concert
The 2018 Messiah concert by the Choir and Orchestra previously recorded with world-class soloists will be streamed over the internet on April 10.
This will permit a performance of this beloved oratorio—an Easter tradition for so many—to be available in homes and areas where public events can still be held.
We are excited to offer you these options:
- Internet Stream: Friday, April 10 at 7:00 p.m. MDT. (An on-screen countdown will be available 15 minutes prior to the start time to test connections.)
- On Demand: Friday, April 10, beginning at approximately 11:00 p.m. MDT.
- BYUtv (and BYUtv.org): Easter Sunday April 12, 2:00 p.m. (MDT)
The internet stream in English will begin Friday, April 10, at 7:00 p.m. MDT (with a countdown beginning 15 minutes prior to start time), on the following websites:
The concert can be viewed and watched anywhere in the world where there is an internet connection.
Closed captioning for the hearing impaired will be available in English for electronic devices that support it. Closed captioning on YouTube can be accessed by clicking the CC button on the video.
After the Internet stream ends, the on-demand concert will be available at approximately 11:00 p.m. MDT for on-demand viewing at tabchoir.org/messiah This concert will not be downloadable.
Here are suggestions to make your 2020 Messiah experience successful--streaming in the comfort of your own home or other locations:
- If you have a smart TV, game console, or streaming stick, you can view the on-demand concert via The Tabernacle Choir YouTube channel from your device. (ROKU users can also view the performance on the Latter-day Saints app).
- Laptop computer users can optimize their home viewing experience by connecting your computer to your television via an HDMI port.
- For an optimal group viewing experience in a larger venue, use a projector to plug into a laptop so that everyone will be able to easily view the concert. You may need a VGA or HDMI cable to connect your computer to the projector.
- To get the best audio quality possible, connect to a sound bar, home theater system, or public-address system so that everyone can enjoy the sound.